We are no longer accepting proposals to present at the 2024 Symposium. The deadline was February 14, 2024. To be eligible to speak at this year’s Symposium, both of the following criteria must be met:
- The presenter is a current member of a California Community College Honors Program
- The research should have been conducted at that community college between the Spring 2023 and Spring 2024 terms. This means that a primary mentor for the project was a faculty member at the community college, or that the project was done for a class or activity sponsored by the community college.
Submissions will be anonymously screened by a committee made up of honors faculty who select well-written proposals featuring high-quality academic research. Being selected to present is highly competitive. In 2023, we received 187 proposals and approximately 90 were selected.
Each submitted proposal required the following information
- Title and 1-sentence description
- 150-word abstract which summarizes the driving question & results
- 50-word methodology which details the process used in the research project
- Up to 5 resources in MLA or APA format
- Associated paper or essay (Optional, though strongly encouraged)
CLICK HERE for advice about preparing your proposal and samples.
General Symposium Questions: Professor Jennifer Saito, email@example.com
General Proposal Questions: Professor Eva Mo, Modesto Junior College, firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Questions about Your Proposal: Your Honors Director/Coordinator
Please identify which college you are from when emailing your questions.